It was great news when I was given permission to visit two schools in Bali.
The first is called Negeri Tabanan and teaches students with many special needs ranging from deafness to very poor sight and developmental problems.
The school has about 120 students of which nearly 30 live in dormitories.
The children are taught in small classes dependent on age and disability.
My visit was warmly welcomed and I spent a short time in every classroom.
I was able to spend time with the teachers and ask what were their main needs. They told me they were short of specialist teaching aids and media to help give a more diverse experience for pupils.
The school was run by the state. I was impressed by the warmth of the teachers and the buildings although not ideal had been adapted to teach small classes. The class rooms themselves were very basic with traditional desks and a little short of room. The pupils were excited to meet me and to share in my pictures.
I send them all my very best wishes and thanks
![]() |
| Students and Teachers at Negeri Tabanan School |
| I meet a teacher with limited sight |
| A former pupil is now a helper |
It was a privilege to spend time with everyone at the school.
I am determined to help by sending specialist equipment to the school
Fellow Bloggers are welcome to offer help or contributions and can contact me at

No comments:
Post a Comment