Friday, 14 November 2014

Wandering in Bromo Village


Its only ten o'clock and I'm back in the village after my early morning adventure. The day is still very young and I have it all to myself.
The sun is beating down and although we are high on the mountain I can feel its warmth.



The village is large with a single main road spreading out in a small grid pattern and then many small houses of farmers filling the hillsides.
I have only gone two hundred yards and found a small pre school. The walls are full of colourful paintings and the kids are outside playing. Their uniform are colourful and the boys are wearing fantastic hats. 
As soon as I look over the wall they come and smile and wave.




Bromo Village school

This is the ideal opportunity for me to rush back and collect presents from my hotel. I have a collection of fantastic jumpers knitted by the ladies of my local Womens Institute in my home village of Heath and Reach back in England. They are fantastic people and have knitted many, many jumpers for me to give to children on my travels. I am sure they can be used in Bromo as it is so very cold at night.


Teachers sort their gift of childrens jumpers



Thanks from a teacher




I wave goodbye to the teachers and set off to explore. 
Everywhere I am met with smiles and waves. Village life is clearly hard yet the people are open and friendly to strangers. I enjoy stopping and chatting to the more curious that want to share a photo and talk. Its a real joy to share the morning with them.



The afternoon sun becomes hot. Its a great time to wander into the countryside and explore a little more, how do the farmers manage to crop the sloping hillsides.



I have really enjoyed the day. The excitement of the Volcano at dawn and more importantly the time to spend in this very special village



Thank to all.




No comments:

Post a Comment